Monday, September 23, 2013

Cherry Bomb Pepper Hot Sauce and Why Siouxsie Sioux is My Spirit Animal.



I bought a big bunch of cherry bomb peppers at the farmer's market last weekend mostly because their name reminded me of the 1976 hit Cherry Bomb, by The RunawaysI have a special place in my heart for punk rock, especially the early stuff. Despite all evidence to the contrary (I think I probably come off as pretty straight laced), there will always be a deep part of me that craves some level of civil disobedience mixed with mutual-aid and unfettered self-expression. Basically, Siouxsie Sioux is my spirit animal.

This cherry bomb hot sauce is absolutely loaded with flavor and is definitely as close to punk as a hot sauce can get (save that it's not fermented...and that I just said that). It reminds me of a mix between Cholula and Sriracha and it's great over anything that can benefit from a kick of heat. I think it would also be amazing in a Bloody Mary, but you'll have to test that theory out for me:-). Please note that this recipe will work with any hot pepper, the heat level will just vary.



Cherry Bomb Hot Sauce
1 lb cherry bomb peppers (despite the name, these are actually only medium hot)
1 1/3 cups distilled white vinegar 
1 tablespoon salt
2 chipotle peppers, roughly chopped (optional)
4 cloves garlic, smashed

First, stem the peppers.


Then combine all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.



Force the puree through a sieve to remove the pepper seeds and then pour the hot sauce into a mason jar or something similar. I ended up with about a cup and a half of hot sauce from this recipe.

14 comments:

  1. I like to eat a lot especially if it has a hot sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really!!! I am very impressed after reading this blog. thanks for providing deep information for
    Tischreservierungssystem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing
    hottest chilli sauce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great overview. can you tell me the effect of out going link form the web site on Google page rank? thanks
    vatican tours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very informative site, i must bookmark it, keep posting interesting articles...
    Online Tischreservierung

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool blog you got here and thank you for the valuable info.
    Harzspezialitäten

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your post & I will always be coming frequently to read more of your post. Thank you very much for your post once more.
    salaattikastikkeet

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a great blog - I would think your readership is very high?
    easy dinner ideas

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made some good quality points there. I did a search on the topic and found many people will agree with your blog.
    best lunch in dallas

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration.
    Bar POS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing info. Keep up the good work...We hope you will visit our blog often as we discuss topics of interest to you
    free restaurant pos

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes it would be, once my friend gave me lecture about modesty it was amazing and heart touching.
    Reservierungssystem Restaurant

    ReplyDelete
  13. Valuable information! Looking forward to seeing your notes posted.
    hot pepper sauce

    ReplyDelete